Again it is with deepest sadness that I have to inform you of the passing to the Grand Lodge Above of Worshipful Brother and Excellent Companion Phillip Roger Thompson, who passed away on Monday 31st May 2021. He was born 2nd February 1958 (63 years). Phillip had been suffering with cancer and was in Willen Hospice at the time of his passing.
Phillip was Initiated on the 4th March 1997 (24 years) and Exalted on 16th November 2001 (19 years).
- Bedfordshire Centenary Fishing Lodge Number 9151 (Secretary)
- Bedfordshire Lodge of Benevolence Number 9288
- Michael Sawyer Lodge of Reunion Number 9848 ( Senior Warden)
- Bedfordshire Lodge of Installed Masters Number 7301 ( Inner Guard)
- Stockwood Lodge Number 5869 ( Resigned)
- Manor Court Chapter Number 9096 ( Assistant Scribe E )
- Bedfordshire First Principals Chapter Number 7301 ( Assistant Scribe E )
- Bedfordshire Meridian Chapter Number 9643 ( Resigned)
Philip was also a member of;
- Mark Master Masons
- Royal Ark Mariners
- Rose Croix
- Royal and Select Masters
Outside of Freemasonry Phil was a long serving Flitwick Town Councillor, serving as Mayor on four occasions. He was also a Scout leader, serving as Assistant County Commissioner, and he was a great supporter of the British Legion amongst many other charities.
I will be sending a card of condolence to Phillip’s wife Jane on behalf of the Provincial Grand Master and the Brethren of the Province.
Yours sincerely and fraternally.
Provincial Grand Almoner